Monday, August 4, 2014

Sleep Blogging....



I had a very strange and, seemingly, real dream a few nights ago. One that stuck with me, even after the fog of sleep had lifted...something that, usually, never happens.

Somehow, I’m not even sure how I knew it, but my wife and I had time traveled back to the 1950s and we were at Disneyland….but it looked, pretty much, like it does today. Just more...retro.

We were in a cafeteria…typical 50s style…..eating and I started talking to a security guard (or, maybe, he was just a cop) who told me he was on this brand new thing called “The Internet”. He went on to talk about how exclusive it was and about this thing called "e-mail". I asked him for his email address and told him I would email him “when I got home” because I, too, had the Internet. He laughed and I had the sense that he didn't believe me, but he still gave me his email address. Later on, my wife and I were watching the nightly Disney fireworks and started talking about emailing the guy when we returned "home", to the present. I had asked him his age and he said 35, even though he looked much younger with his crew cut and big, horn rimmed glasses.


We became sad realizing that, when we got back to 2014, the man would ,probably, have already passed away.


I actually woke up still feeling a bit sad, before the realization that it had only been a dream set in. It felt that real.

I've always read that dreams were your subconscious' way of working something out that was bothering you. Now, as to what my subconscious is trying to tell me through this, I have no idea. Maybe "stay in touch with those close to you before it's too late or maybe it's "don't time travel if you get the chance".....I'm not sure.

Ever have a dream that seems so real that you woke up wondering if it had been? 

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Maybe the dream was telling you to get on the Internet and book a trip to Disneyland?

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I've had dreams like that. There are even some memories from when I was young that are hazy now and I wonder if they were real or a dream.

Julie Flanders said...

This is a really fascinating dream. I think there might be a story somewhere in there. :)

S.P. Bowers said...

I do have dreams that seem so real I can't tell if the happened or not. It's very disorienting.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I have had very realistic dreams that made me wish they'd been true. But usually I don't remember my dreams at all.

Morgan said...

I'm a believer! I love dreams and interpretations and all that…

And hahaha… I think your dream is telling us that we all need to do a writer's retreat in Disneyland…

Andrew Leon said...

I don't much remember dreams.

Lynda Dietz said...

Fascinating! I'm always captivated by the dreams that stick with you in tremendous detail, when others just fade into something you can "almost" grasp when you try to recall them.

Jack said...

I would be nice if your subconcious gave you the meaning behind your dreams as well as them, wouldn't it? I like when I have dreams which feel real, though I always wake up sad as well. A sense of I losing something almost.

jaybird said...

I have vivid dreams too. Over the years I keep dreaming about this one house, that I know is mine but I have never lived in it. I keep thinking one day, I will be driving along and see it somewhere with a "for sale" sign! LOL

Michael Di Gesu said...

I occasionally have vivid dreams. And they do seem so real.

The last one I had, I actually wrote a novel about.... Hmmmm.... Maybe that's your next project. A magical time travel story....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...