Monday, July 21, 2014

The Big Two O....Oh!



Believe it or not, I just noticed the other day that this was going to make my 200th blog post on "Left and Write". It was August of 2011 that I decided to start up a "writing" blog and really "get serious" with my writing. I probably shouldn't put " " around 'get serious' because I have gotten a lot more serious than I was about my writing....just not as serious as I think I should be, at this point. That's another post for another day, though.

Anyway, I thought and thought about what I should do for my 200th post. I mean, it's a pretty big milestone for me and one that only comes along once in a blogtime.

I thought I might do 200 situps. And, then again, I might just puke my guts out.

I thought I might write about a 200 year old piece of feminine hygiene equipment that was recently found in a trash heap under Manhattan's City Hall Park. Nah, something smelled funny about that one...

I thought I might talk about when America turned 200 during it's bicentennial, back in 1976....


















Nah, I'm sure its been done before.

Maybe talk about the Daytona 200? I've never been much of a gear head, so no.

Then, it hit me. A very simple solution and something I don't do near enough.

I could thank my 200 (plus 3) followers (as well as everyone else who stops by and leaves comments) for sticking with me, giving me great feedback and helping me along in this writing journey. I really appreciate the time, effort, and community you've all given me over the years and here's to 200 more. Blog posts, that is...I don't think I'll make it another 200 years ;)

Thank you all....I couldn't have done it without you.


22 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on two hundred posts! You picked a good way to celebrate, because two hundred posts that no one's read would be a bummer.

Andrew Leon said...

I remember 1976.

jaybird said...

Congrats buddy! 200 posts is awesome. And I hear ya, I am no more "serious" about my writing than I was when I started blogging. But I have made so many awesome connections and friends here in the blog-o-sphere, I don't care. One day, I will get there, and so will you!!!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congrats, Mark!

There's a Daytona 200? I've stood on the track of the Daytona 500 before.

Nick Wilford said...

Congrats! Glad to follow along on your writing journey. And no one should be too serious!

S.P. Bowers said...

You mean you don't do 200 sit ups a day? Tsk, tsk. :)

Congrats on the milestone! Hope you found a way to celebrate. Eating 200 Skittles or something.

Mark Means said...

@Alex: Ain't that the truth? :)

@Andrew: Me too...I used to collect Bicentennial quarters.

@jaybird: Yep, without a doubt :) At least it's a fun ride!

@Diane: Thank you! Yes, I didn't know it either until it came up in my "200" search.

@Nick: Thank you and I totally agree!

@Sara: I'm only up to 199 so far :P I did celebrate by eating waaaaay over 200 calories in ice cream :D

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Congratulations Mark on all those zeros with a super duper two in front of them .. that's so good to read .. now to get writing ..

Happy blogging in the meantime -cheers Hilary

Robin said...

Congrats on that 200th post. You probably won't make it 200 years, but I bet you make it another 200 posts. I can't wait to see what you do for 400..

Julie Flanders said...

Aww, what a great way to celebrate. Congrats and here's to 200+ more.

Love the 1976 comics! The bicentennial is one of the first news events I vividly remember from childhood.

Stephanie Faris said...

Congrats on making it to 200!!! I don't even want to know about the feminine hygiene equipment...

klahanie said...

Mark, dude!

I could think of 200 reasons to visit your site. Oh yeah, still thinking...:)

Well done, Mark, on reaching such a milestone, or in metric, kilometrestone, I guess.

Here's to your next 200 years, um posts!

Thank you for being part of the blogging community. Maybe we should have a blog hop to celebrate your post 200. What the hell am I saying? LOL

Gary :)

Christine Rains said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic. I now have to go google something about old recently uncovered equipment...

Mark Means said...

@Hilary: Yes, ma'am!! (Something I always need to hear, thanks!)

@Robin: Thank you and I'm hoping you'll stop by, then, too :D

@Julie: Thanks and same here. It was a huge event, wasn't it?

@Stephanie: Haha, no probably not!

@Gary: My temperature almost shot up to 200 on seeing you calling for a blog hop! Haha! Thank you, my friend, and take care :)

@Christine: Haha, thank you and beware....you never know what you may find!

LD Masterson said...

Congratulations on reaching 200 posts. And thank you for not elaborating on some of those other ideas.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Congrats on the milestone. Happy 200 everything.

Maurice Mitchell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maurice Mitchell said...

Awesome Mark and a hearty congratulations! I forgive you for the 200 year old piece of feminine hygiene equipment. ;)
*** Typo ***

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I am one sick puppy to be curious about that feminine hygiene equipment. Congrats on your 200!! Here's to 200 plus more.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hey, Mark!

Happy 200th post! Awesome.... Thanks for the tribute... We are an amazing community...

Keep on writing and posting... We'll be here to read it!

Gina Gao said...

Congrats on the 200th post!

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Mark Means said...

@LD: LOL...my pleasure and glad to help :P

@Susan: Thank you!

@Maurice: Thank you, sir, and I appreciate your forgiveness :)

@Elizabeth: Thanks and you have to admit, it IS interesting :)

@Michael: We sure are and thank you!

@Gina: Thank you very much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...