Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NaNoWriMo....Day Uno

So, my first day of attempting National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is 'in the can' as they say in the movie business...not that I really know anything about the movie business...but they do say that.

I managed a 2500 word count, so I'm already ahead of the game and hoping I can set it up where I have a cushion,in case there's a day where I don't get a chance to write.

Those first 2500 flowed fairly quickly once I got going and I'm hoping it's a pace I'll be able to keep up.

Two things have helped me out, so far.....pumpkin spice coffee and my Pure Moods CD. I've read where people create their own NaNoWriMo soundtracks and I may give that a try next year but, for now, Pure Moods is all I need...music wise.

The first day has been fun.........

.....only 29 more to go....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good work! I find beginnings...difficult.

I do love me some pumpkin spice coffee...may have to take a writing break and go to town. I think Starfracks has pumpkin spice latte's on the board.

But, I digress. Good luck and carry on!

Unknown said...

I just had to post again to say, your word verification thingy on the comment form gave me "dorksloo." I think blogger is mocking me.

Mark Means said...

Thanks Jennifer and hope you're making some good NaNo progress, yourself. On the pumpkin spice thing, I wasn't really a big fan of it until recently, now I can't get enough =)

Haha...sounds like Blogger is in a snarky mood today :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...